1. I knit. Duh!
2. I'm one of the most hardheaded people I know. No matter what, I AM RIGHT.
3. I'm still driving my first car, a 1988 Honda Accord. It's falling apart.
4. I've never kept a job more than 7 months.
5. I'm an Irish redhead, but the red's from a bottle.
6. I'm the only one in my circle of close friends who speaks English as a first language.
7. As well as English, I speak a little Spanish and a *very* little Gaelic and Italian.
8. I drive fast, and drive badly, but I've always managed to talk my way out of anything that would go on my permanent record. Even when I left the scene of an accident.
9. I'm a strong advocate of birth control being available to teens after I lost my baby to miscarriage at age 18. It was an unexpected pregnancy (too much Bacardi) but not an unwanted one.
10. My first boyfriend, my baby's father, slammed me up against a wall and did permanent damage to my left shoulder. He also said "shit happens" when I told him our baby had died.
11. I am NOT a "knitter against Bush." I'm not a knitter AGAINST anything. That's not what knitting is about for me.
12. Did I mention I have crappy taste in men?
13. I like hard liquor, but not beer. I like wine with a meal, but I'm not a huge wine drinker.
14. I'm left handed, but use my right hand for things like using scissors. I use both hands equally for things like hand-sewing, embroidery, etc.
15. You can't tell me to "turn left" or "turn right" without an accompanying hand gesture, because I have to slow down and think about which way is left. And by that time I've missed the turn.
16. I love to play practical jokes. Hate it when they come back on me.
17. My hair's been partially gray since I was 6. Color won't cover all of it--there's one streak above my, uh, left ear that always shows.
18. My mom ran a daycare out of our house for many years. So I'm used to being around small kids, and I love them.
19. I'm allergic to bananas, coconut, hot dogs, and cream of chicken soup. I don't know why, but those things always give me migraines.
20. I'm vegetarian...almost. I eat dairy products and fish. But if I'm someone's guest I'll eat what's in front of me.
21. I'm the shortest adult in my family. Even my shrinking grandma is still 2 inches taller than I am. So I always wear heels.
22. My little toe on my right foot has been broken so many times the joint's not in the right place anymore.
23. I decorate cakes--beautifully! Waiting to use my dad's computer so I can post pics...
24. I'm a caffeine junkie, but trying to cut back.
25. Anytime you see me, I'm probably drinking chamomile tea. Which has no caffeine. *cries*
26. I love wearing lace. I'm just now learning to knit it.
27. My pet peeve is when someone thinks they're better than me. Or isn't completely honest with me.
28. I love music, all music, any music, as long as it's not hip-hop or really twangy country. I even love bagpipes.
29. I always try to think positive. I don't have bad things happen...I have "adventures."
30. My parents are strict Fundamentalist Protestant Christians. I'm not. I believe in God, but I don't believe that God would send a person to hell for making their own choices, after He gave us the gift of free choice.
31. I'm allergic to nickel, which means that Addi Turbo needles really aren't as fast for me as others are (I have to stop to scratch my itchy hands, and hydrocortisone cream stains yarn).
32. My grandmother on my dad's side died when I was 14. I dreamed it the night before it actually happened.
33. My mp3 collection is up to almost 1000 songs. And I still don't have a player.
34. I like to mix CD's for friends. I can go through up to 6 CD-R's before getting a mix I like.
35. I LOVE old movies. Especially late 30's through early 60's.
36. I'm such a yarn slut, I actually buy acrylic. On purpose. (But that's rare.)
37. I love vintage clothes, but being a size 18 (by modern sizes) they usually don't fit me.
38. I have a shoe habit. I've overdrawn my checking account twice because I just had to have them.
39. I stay broke. Money just runs right through me.
40. I love getting things in the mail. Even bills, because it's for ME and someone out there cares, even if it's just for my money. (Sad, I know.)
41. I have 2 dogs, and I spoil them rotten. I've woken up more than a few mornings with a dachshund sprawled out across my face and a boxer licking my ear.
42. I'm not as smart as people think I am. I just tend to absorb knowledge.
43. I love to read. Mysteries (not the violent ones!), romances, and sci-fi/fantasy are my favorites.
44. I have ADHD, for which I was medicated for many years, but my mother swears I don't anymore because "you're not hyper"!
45. Mom and I butt heads a lot.
46. I can talk to anyone. And I can talk most people into doing what I want.
47. I was accepted to cooking school, but when the money wasn't there and my then-bf and I broke up, I gave up on it.
48. I'm an eBay addict, but it's been a while since my last fix.
49. I played piano many years ago, but I'm itching to learn guitar and/or bodhran.
50. These gas prices are driving me f***ing nuts!